Saturday, November 6, 2010

Felled

I have managed to sprain my toe. Yay me.

I’m not entirely sure how it happened: I was getting ready for bed last night when I made a false movement and, well, there you have it. At first I thought I had just stubbed it, but it was still very painful by the time I went to bed, with all the hallmarks of a pulled tendon. I had been hoping it would be better this morning, which admittedly it was, but still nowhere near okay.

I ended up calling for a doctor after breakfast, who came, confirmed my sprain theory, and ordered me to stay in bed, or at least in my room, until the pain lessens. Which was not exactly how I was planning to spend my weekend, but I suppose it could have been worse. It could have been the ankle, for one thing, or I could have had real plans for today, rather than just a bit of sightseeing and shopping. In any case, I’m told that almost everything will be closed today and tomorrow because of Diwali, so I think the best thing to do is just resign myself to my fate. On Thursday I bought a couple of DVDs of opera performances on a whim (the pretty costumes and wigs drew me in), so maybe I’ll watch those. I hope my neighbour likes Mozart.

Also, tomorrow it will be three weeks since I arrived in Pune. Three weeks, that’s one third of my stay gone! It doesn’t feel like it at all, but time flies when you’re busy. I also have five weekends left, not counting this one, which I have to decide what to do with. Mumbai will definitely take up one, most likely in December, and Pune and the immediate surrounding area probably another two. That leaves me with another two, and while I’m less and less tempted by Goa the more I hear about it, I’m told that there is a tiger reserve some two hours away by plane. I have to ask my colleague for more details on Monday, because those things tend to be pretty pricy, but if I could find a way to swing it, I’d really love to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment